One of Dublin’s best kept secrets, Platform 61 offers imaginative food, elegant wines and extraordinary cocktails in the intimate surroundings of an underground hideaway on South William Street.
Platform 61’s stunning setting takes its inspiration from a secret subway platform under the Waldorf Astoria in New York. The platform with its specially built golden elevator allowed VIPs such as President F.D. Roosevelt to access the hotel in private, and also played host to Andy Warhol’s infamous ‘Underground Parties’
Today, the platform known as Track 61 has become the holy grail for New York’s urban explorers seeking to uncover its legend, lore and legacy.
In turn, Platform 61 has become the go-to venue for Dublin’s social urbanites seeking only the best in dining experiences.
Come experience Platform 61 for yourself.
Platform 61 – #BetterBeingUnderground
Lunch & BrunchBrunch Saturday & Sunday
- Sharing and Bites
Grilled corn tortilla, two fried free range eggs, homemade spicy tomato relish, guacamole, melted Irish cheddar cheese, rocket, crushed potatoes (add chorizo +2)
Served with crispy bacon and maple syrup or fresh yogurt and strawberry coulis
Served with granola and fresh yogurt V G
Poached free range eggs and crispy bacon served on English muffin with hollandaise sauce
Poached free range eggs and spinach served on English muffin with truffle hollandaise sauce V
Poached free range eggs and smoked salmon on English muffin with dill hollandaise sauce
4oz Sirloin steak served with two fried free range eggs, crushed potatoes, rocket and béarnaise sauce.
Grilled chicken fillet in a brioche bun with guacamole, tomato, onion, baby gem and homemade tomato relish served with spicy sweet potato wedges
Start the day right with our daily salad special, for your morning health kick. Just don’t gloat at the rest of us! V G
Homemade herb focaccia, spicy homemade hummus, romesco, tapenade
Selection of Irish cheeses, crackers, grapes and homemade chutney
Selection of cured meats, grilled focaccia, rocket and marinated green olives
We prepare super yummy fresh salads daily for your healthy lunch kick. Please ask us for our daily specials! V
À la carte
À la carte
À la carte
À la carte
À la carte
- The beginning
- The middle
- The end
Garden fresh with basil, olive oil, garlic, fresh tomatoes / Meatlovers with Italian meats and rocket
Gin cured salmon, pickled cucumber, gin and tonic jelly
Nut crusted goat’s cheese, balsamic beets, wild honey V
Seared tuna tostadas, avocado, chipotle, crispy shallots
Chicken skewers, spicy chipotle sauce
Pan roasted hake, spinach, overnight tomato, smoked potato
Irish beef, homemade spicy relish, oven baked hand cut chips +1 smoked Irish cheese | +1 bacon
Cut of the week, horseradish mash, short rib beignet, confit shallot
Pappardelle, roast aubergine, confit tomato, hazelnut, parmesan V
Roasted chicken supreme seasoned with raz el hanout spice mix, baked potato mash, buttered greens, red wine jus G
Skinny konnyaku noodles, wild mushrooms, roast red pepper sauce, hazelnuts V G
Blackberry and apple crumble, toasted hazelnuts, vanilla ice cream
White chocolate and raspberry brûlée
Warm nutty brownie, vanilla ice cream
P61 ice queen with pumpkin seed oil
- Red Wines
- White Wines
- Cocktails, Sparkling, Dessert & Champagne
- Coffees & Teas
Spain - Cabernet Sauvignon - Pomegranate colour and hints of fresh red cherries
France - Cabernet Franc, Merlot. These wines have bright juicy flavours, plummy with little or no tannins. You could drink them with roast pork, grilled chicken or are delightful on their own.
Grenache - Cinsault, Syrah. Well Cherry and woodland fruit character
Carnana DO - Tempranillo. Intense powerful aromas of cherries and plums. Soft and silky texture with tons of ripe cherry and plum fruits.
Waiarapa NZ – Pinot Noir Bursting with juicy, red Pinot fruit with brambly, spicy undertones. Lively aromas, linear acidity and superb length on the finish, this really is out- standing value for money.
France - Merlot/Cabernet Sauvignon ORGANIC . ”Delicious spiced plums supported by ripe tannins and peppery finish.
France - Merlot. “Plum fruit and leather and spice on the palate. Rounded and meaty. Loganberries. Easy going and smooth and relaxing.” Janice Robinson
Spain - Crianza. A very expressive and complex bouquet leads to ripe fruit spiciness with a silky mouthfeel, good body, balance and roundness.
Croatia - Syrah, Cabernet Sauvignon - Subtle bouquet of dark berries and a hint of oak
Argentina - Malbec. “Perfumed bouquet with a little whiff of herbs. Dark fruits and black olives on the palate. Knocks spots off any Chilean merlot and is real value for money.” Ernie Whalley, The Sunday Times.
France - Grenache, Syrah, Carignan. Soft texture with ripe black fruit flavours and full and rich finish.
Australia – Shiraz. "Perfumed with floral and menthol notes. Ripe red and black-cherry fruits hide the alcohol. Partner with a leg of lamb marinated in yogurt, mint and garlic then slow roasted." Liam Campbell, Irish Independent
Spain - Sauvignon Blanc - Notes of apricot, tropical fruit and honey, underlying notes of white flowers and citrus
France - Colombard/Ugni Blanc. Great grape combination, Colombard is aromatic and round and Ugni Blanc gives the dryness.
France - Sauvignon Blanc/Colombard. This exquisite marriage of colombard and sauvignon reveals citrus and floral aromas, very refreshing and full of flavours. This wine is perfect as an aperitif and with all fish and seafood dishes.
Italy - Pinot Grigio. Elegant floral notes along with richer hints of golden delicious apples and distinctive vegetal notes. A dry, medium-bodied Pinot Grigio wine. The palate faithfully reflects the nose, with a lovely tang on the finish.
France - Piquepoule, Sauvignon Blanc, Vermentino. A refreshingly different style of easy-drinking white. Local favourites Piquepoule and Vermentino keep things interesting thanks to their floral and peachy aromas respectively. A dash of Sauvignon Blanc adds zest.
Austria - Gruner Veltliner. “A reasonably-priced Gruner Veltliner, with delicious pear fruits that cushion the vibrant acidity very nicely. Available in many restaurants nationwide, and bound to please everyone at the table.”John Wilson, Irish Times.
Spain – Verdejo. Lovely notes of minerals, grapefruit and Granny Smith apples. Lush with lively, fruit driven flavours of lemon, smoke and nutty hints. Long finish.
Chile - Chardonnay. Lots of ripe tropical fruits on the nose follow through to the palate with a refreshing finish.
New Zealand - Sauvignon Blanc. Aromas of gooseberry, guava and pineapple supported by intense flavours of tropical fruit resulting in a wine with great balance, structure and finesse.
Chardonnay ORGANIC. “One of the most attractive wines I tasted all year; a light refreshing but impeccably balanced Chardonnay with limpid crystal-clear fruits. Yum.” Irish Times Wines of the Year, John Wilson.
Croatia - Malvasia - Fresh and rounded, well balanced white - perfect with fish dishes or paired with cheese and cold meats
Signature cocktail with champagne foam
Italy – Glera Light, dry and refreshing with notes of crisp apple and citrus.
Italy – Glera. A more complex and elegant Prosecco with green apple, juicy pears and peach notes.
Spain – Macabeu. Delicious, vibrant bubbles with dry, opulent and delicate yeasty notes.
Croatia - Muscat - Semi-sweet dessert wine from the Adriatic coast. Refined, golden colour with a floral and fruity flavour
Super kick coffee with coconut oil & cinnamon
Earl grey / Pinhead gunpoweder / Peppermint / Lemon & ginger / Camomile flowers / Jasmine with flowers / Redberry fruit blend / Rooibos / Passion fruit & orange / Green tea
- Christmas is the perfect time to treat your work team, so why not indulge in an office Christmas party meal at the popular Platform 61 wine bar and restaurant in the heart of Dublin! In the bustle of Grafton street, enjoy the decorated streets and lights before heading to your office Christmas meal in Platform 61 and enjoying our festive menu.
- Set Christmas Menus @ Platform 61 will be in use from 1st December to 24th December 2016. Please note that this menu is subject to change and during the Christmas period, there are a few operating policies which we have in place to ensure a smooth running of the night for you and for us. Please read the following terms and conditions carefully. Should your party wish to book with us the following terms and conditions apply:
- Reservations will be taken for lunch as two sitting and dinner as two sittings:
- Sitting times are 12pm - 2pm, 2.15pm - 4:15pm & 5pm - 8pm, 8pm - close
CHRISTMAS SET MENU:
Monday till Friday three course - 28 Euro, two course 22 Euro
three course - Sunday/Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday: Dinner 5-8pm 35 Euro, 8pm till close 39 Euro includes a complimentary glass of mulled wine and half price on cocktail specials
three course - Thursday/Friday/Saturday: Dinner 5-8pm 39 Euro, 8pm till close 42 Euro
- A holding deposit of €10 per person for lunch and €15 per person for dinner is required to secure the booking. All deposits will be redeemed against the final bill on the night of the reservation unless the party is absent, or there is a significant drop in numbers. A drop in numbers on the NIGHT after the booking is confirmed the deposit will be forfeit, only the numbers confirmed will be redeemed. A 12% discretionary service charge will be added to parties of 6 people and more on total bill.
- Please confirm final numbers 7 working days prior to the booking
- Where possible we kindly ask that all parties of 6 people or more choose from the set Christmas menu and pre-order wines and water.
- Reservations will only be held for 15 minutes. We ask all customers to arrive on time so that we may provide you with the best level of service.
If you have any queries regarding the above, please do not hesitate to contact us on:
Phone: 01 5583932/ 0876966753
- Spiced parsnip soup (V)
- Fois gras terrine with apple and pear compote, sourdough toast (GF option available)
- Pear and blue cheese salad, prosciutto ham, toasted walnuts, honey mustard dressing (GF, V option available)
- Goat cheese parfait, beetroot, orange jelly (V, GF)
- Confit duck leg, pickled red cabbage, roasted squash, toasted walnuts, red wine jus (GF)
- Turkey with stuffing, roasted Brussels sprouts with pancetta and home made gravy
- Venison shank, horseradish baked potato mash, honey roasted vegetables, game jus (GF)
- Goat cheese tart, roasted squash, roasted spiced nuts, wild rocket, aged parmesan (V)
- Hake, chickpea chorizo cassoulet (on request)
- Christmas pudding with creme anglaise sauce
- Yoghurt bavarois - with chocolate ganache and raspberry jelly on a crumble
- Marbled raspberry cheesecake
- Javanais - rich almond sponge with coffee butter cream
- The Slow Snow (elderflower/gin/cucumber/tonic/champagne foam/pepper)
- Partridge in the peach tree (peach puree/vodka/prosecco)
- Warhol's wicked Christmas (whiskey/ginger ale/apple)
- Christmassy manage a martini (espresso/vodka/kahlua/salted caramel)
- Mistletoe kiss (peach puree/prosecco/champagne foam) * Let it fizz (pomegranate/prosecco)
- Rudolph + Spritzer (Vermouth spritz - can u add ingredients pls, can't remember)
- Yuletide punch (Citrussy prosecco sangria) Any other cocktails you wish to add to the list, can be added.